Anatomy of a Perfect POP Display & Getting the Conversion
A point of purchase (POP) display is a successful way to market your product, as all important components are present at the same time: Product, consumers, and currency. When designing POP displays, it’s important to take certain factors into consideration to attract new consumers and expand on current markets.
- Observe how people flow through the store before making POP display decisions.
- Consider that change of design, location of merchandise and employee tasks are all connected. Any change in one of these areas, impacts the others.
- Think like your customer and watch their response to your current displays.
- Stand a half block from your business and determine if you can identify what type of business it is. For instance, can you make out the signage?
- Shoppers who use a basket purchase more. Place baskets throughout the store within easy reach.
- Product placement on a shelf impacts sales. Often shoppers stand in the middle of an aisle and look at a 4′ by 6′ area that is just below eye level, but also near a product that has a lot of visual contrast.